Welcome to Tom's Pages - Here you might find photos and thoughts from weekend explorations
of California and Central Coast backroads - with a few furry felines added in just for the fluff.


You may see more photos at Tom Lott Photography www.catalott.com


Monday, June 11, 2012

Rose Colored Glasses

My sunglasses are a few years old now, and they seem to have grown darker with age.  The optometrist describes them as "empurpled" as the lens hue has changed to a rosy red purple with time.  This really make for a photographic challenge, as I see colorful sunsets where there are none, and I'm always amazed that the light on the golden California coastal hills even when my friends only see dry grass.

So I've been trying to capture the colors that I see with the camera.  Some of it I can do with processing, but I can't seem to get the combination of polarization and color just right.  So I bought a new filter for the camera - a daylight fluorescent filter that I can stack with a polarizer to the get the effect I'm looking for.  Here are some of the results.

I think it looks pretty good on the grassy landscapes, but don't care for it that much on the seashore.  I have not yet had a chance to try it with a sunrise or sunset.



No comments:

Post a Comment