Welcome to Tom's Pages - Here you might find photos and thoughts from weekend explorations
of California and Central Coast backroads - with a few furry felines added in just for the fluff.


You may see more photos at Tom Lott Photography www.catalott.com


Sunday, August 8, 2010

Song For Los Osos

Some are awaiting, some overtaking
The train, it's the last out of town
Wasn't much of a town, anyway, and I never
Met anyone tempted to stay

To give it it's due
It was where I met you
And you were my reason to stay
Around
In this Prodigal Town...

The seasonal change, you can tell by the rain
Though the leaves never flame, they just fall
I hear Vivaldi come drifting on by
From the ladies quartet down the hall

If heaven has sent it
Or hell has just lent it
I'm hardly the one to decide
This train that I ride
Out of Prodigal Town...

Prodigal Town, Robert Hunter, Jack O'Roses, 1979

No comments:

Post a Comment