Welcome to Tom's Pages - Here you might find photos and thoughts from weekend explorations
of California and Central Coast backroads - with a few furry felines added in just for the fluff.


You may see more photos at Tom Lott Photography www.catalott.com


Monday, August 30, 2010

This is just a test ....

Hey, it worked!!! (This is the geek in me, amazed at technology.)

I took a close up digital pic with the Pentax, then used the in camera processing to alter colors, rotate 180 degrees, crop and re-size. I also applied a pastel filter and increased the sharpening slightly. I saved the processed photo back onto the memory card.

For memory, I took the Micro SD card from my phone, put it into an SD holder and put that in the camera. After transferring the pic to this card, I removed the Micro SD from the camera and put the chip back in my phone to send this picture to my blog page via Blackberry e-mail.

Next, I opened the photo in Pixlr on-line and did some more tweaking - adjusting levels and using the clone tool to remove a few spots.

Ok, its not the perfect picture, but I proved that I can do it. I'm sure this will be useful some day. For now it is just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment